Conditions of use for internet computers and WiFi desktop summary FINAL Sept 2018
PUBLIC PC USAGE AGREEMENT
Hume City Council provides facilities for internet and computer access under the following conditions. A summary is provided below:
- Library members are permitted 120 minutes (2 hours) of free PC use daily.
- You must use your own, current library membership card. Library memberships are not transferrable.
- Users are responsible for abiding by all copyright, censorship and other relevant laws and legislation when accessing, posting, forwarding, reproducing, saving and/or printing materials.
- Users must not transmit or print any material of an offensive or derogatory nature.
- Online gambling is not permitted through council computers or Wi-Fi services.
- If you need help using technology, staff will facilitate access and assist you to:
- Start and end your session
- Manage your printing and copying
- Find a website or form
- Create an email account
- Start a document or email
- Logon on to the Wi-Fi
- Be safe online
- Access other sources of assistance
- Library staff cannot assist with
- Reading or interpreting documents or emails for you or provide advice on their content
- Completing forms or applications
- Typing documents or emails
- Trouble-shooting or configuring devices
- Providing assistance or advice on content or transactions which may be financial, legal, medical or personal.
- When accessing audio or video, sound must be muted or headphones must be used for private listening.
- Library computers do not keep any information after your sessions ends. If you wish to keep your work, please save to a USB drive.
- Courtesy to fellow library users and staff is expected at all times.
- Failure to comply with these conditions may result in withdrawal of the service for the member.
By clicking the ACCEPT button, you are agreeing to our Conditions of Use.
You can access our full Conditions of Membership at https://www.humelibraries.vic.gov.au/Using_Your_Library/Join_the_Library/Conditions_of_Membership